140HA PROPERTY – LEADER OF THE FRONTON APPELLATION
Located close to Toulouse, this property stretches over 140 contiguous hectares at the heart of AOP Fronton and is the largest of the appellation. From the outset, the owners have aimed to produce wines of the highest quality.
The vineyard constitutes a single plot of 100ha 34a of planted vines. 10ha of land with planting rights takes the total potential vineyard area to 110ha.The vineyard is almost entirely planted with black varietals. Just 2.4ha are planted with white varietals and classed IGP. The entire vineyard area is classed AOP Fronton.
The winery is fully fitted out for vinification with equipment that is functional and regularly renewed:
- A range of tanks with a total capacity of 19 500hl, consisting of a main set of enamelled steel tanks with a capacity of 8 200hl, a range of stainless steel tanks and a set of fiberglass and stainless steel outdoor storage tanks.
- Essential vinification equipment (pneumatic press, crusher-destemmer, wine pump, barrels, various accessories).
- A bottling line.
- An attractive tasting room/shop that generates a turnover of 150K€.
- A waste water treatment facility for all vineyard and winery effluents.
The vineyard is consecrated to wines of the AOP Fronton appellation and consists principally of Négrette (56%), Syrah (16%), Cabernet Sauvignon (13%), Cabernet Franc (6%) and Gamay (7%). The vineyards white varieties are as follows: Roussanne (1%), Viognier (1%) Petit Manseng (1%).
The vineyard is fully trellised creating good leaf surface exposure.
The presence of several hill reservoirs would enable the future installation of a drip-by-drip irrigation system.
Average annual production is around 4 500hl, or a yield of 45hl/ha.
The vineyard is fully equipped with well-maintained farm machinery:
- Tractor machinery for soil maintenance: 3 tractors (NH), 3 ploughs, 2 rotary intervine hoes, 2 shredders etc…
- Harvest and transport machinery: Pellenc Machine Harvester, 2 harvest bins, 2 pallet transporters, 1 forklift etc…
- Pruning, fertilising and vine treatment machinery: 2 twin-row sprayers, allowing more efficient treatment whist reducing quantities of product used.
The main house offers 180m² of living area and is set apart from the farm buildings. It benefits from a privileged setting with beautiful views over the domain and the surrounding countryside. With 3 bedrooms, the house is heated by electricity. Two further houses found at the heart of the vineyard are used as staff accommodation.
An additional house located close to the farm buildings has been divided into three apartments.
- Annual sales over the past three years have remained stable, registering total sales at 1 600K€. Turnover in 2015 was around 160K€.
- The Domain is very active on the export market where 45% of sales are generated.
- The Domain’s wines are awarded each year with national and international prizes.
- The high quality image of the wines produced ensure optimal growth perspectives for the property.
Price guide: 2 800 000 euros net vendor. Stock and standing crop to be added. Sale of company shares.
Agency fees of 5% HT and legal costs to be added.