Vast 89 ha vineyard property at the heart of AOP Côtes de Provence
This majestic vineyard property boasts 89 contiguous hectares in a particularly strategic location at the heart of the Var, being situated just 500 m from a motorway exit and 4 km from a TGV train station.
The château, winery and other buildings are found at the heart of the property.
The château, which dates from 1790, spreads over three floors offering 600 m² of living space. Accessed by a stately double staircase, the château currently houses five functioning guest rooms. The owner’s accommodation is located at the back of the château and covers over 450 m². In addition to the château and owner’s house, the residential buildings comprise:
- Two large buildings used as workers’ accommodation, comprising 7 apartments, 2 of which are currently leased
- An old building once used for housing staff (in need of restructuring and renovation)
- A villa (previously winery worker’s accommodation, currently leased)
The farm buildings are extensive:
- Various storage buildings, hangars, garages
- 4 rented garages for farm machinery
- A rented warehouse
- A 700 m² reception hall (weddings, special events), fully functional and with an annual lease
The entire property is classed NB (building prohibited). The only construction authorised is that directly linked to the property’s agricultural activities. The housing and farm buildings together cover a surface area of approximately 4 000 m².
The winery is run down and has not been used since the 2006 harvest. With a total capacity of 5 000 hl, it is divided into three alleys consisting of:
- A range of old cement tanks to be renovated
- Oak vat ageing cellar
- A range of enamelled steel storage tanks
It should be noted that the entire winery needs to be modernised and re-equipped. The size of the structure, however, would easily permit the creation of a wine wholesale business.
The property spreads over 89 contiguous hectares. Currently farmed by a tenant farmer, the planted vineyard area covers 50 ha, 45 ha of which classed AOP Côtes de Provence and 5 ha in IGP. The remaining land is made up of woods and scrubland. The vines are in good general condition and the varietals planted correspond to the requirements of the appellation.
Price guide: 6 000 000 euros net vendor, stock and standing crop to be added. Agency fees of 5% net of VAT and legal costs to be added.